Fox CastingDBS & Child Protection Policy
All Adults (aged over 16) must have s Clear DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service check) to work on a set where children are present on BBC Productions and those commission for the BBC. Similar rules govern other Broadcasters as a matter of Child Protection Policy.
If you have a DBS check please send it to us with the start date. You can apply on the link below, if you do not have one.
We require a DBS check every 18 months. You must inform us of any Sexual Offences (convictions) relating to the Sexual Act of 2003. We cannot then supply you to any Production.
Those without a basic DBS are already excluded from a number of shoots as a matter of Child Protection. There are no exceptions, sorry.
Please read our full Child Protection Policy below.
Fox Casting Child Protection Policy
· Prevention through awareness of each individual child’s needs.
· Definitions of Child Abuse and Neglect
Definitions of Child Abuse and Neglect
· Children Act 1989
· Children Act 2004
Suspicion of Abuse
Disclosure of Abuse
- If a child makes an allegation against a member of staff it must be reported as a matter of urgency to the designated manager/individual, Camilla Fox or refer to Social Services department for Children’s Services. 0191 2772500
- • if the allegation is against the designated person then the information should be reported to another senior manager or directly to Social Services department for Children’s Services. 0191 2772500 (This would generally be referred to the authority in which the alleged incident took place).
- The alleged perpetrator should not be made aware of the allegation at this point.
- Fox Casting, will reply to any concerns or allegations raised by a Production, about a SA / walk on within 10 days.
My mum introduced me to Fox Casting Agency just over 5 years ago. I am now 15. I was extremely shy back then, my mum encouraged me to join Fox Casting Agency, as she believed that working with them would be a really good for my confidence.
Immediately upon meeting Camilla, I felt at ease and excited about the range of opportunities and possibilities which lay ahead. Camilla has really encouraged and believed in me, which makes me feel really appreciated and highly valued.
Since joining the Fox Casting Agency, I have worked with my mum, and also on my own as an Extra on various projects. I found these opportunities really exciting, great work experience, working on set has taught me great discipline with things like time-keeping, being presentable, as well as being a good listener, and being able to respond positively to instruction and constructive criticism. I have enjoyed the work so much that I have decided to take up Performing Arts at GCSE in order to enhance and improve the skills I have learned being an Extra, my confidence has, and is, improving immensely because of my work gained through Fox Casting.